# ⚠️ Read It Before Use
🚨 If you download Saladict from sites that are not in the offical recommended list, please verify the extension ID on browser Extensions Management page. Saladict extensions with ID other than
firstname.lastname@example.org) could have potential risk of malware injection.
- If you want to enable Saladict on local pages please enable "Allow access to file URLs" on browser Extensions Management page.
- Though it is recommmended to use any native PDF viewers you like with Saladict global shortkeys, PDF links can also be automatically opened with Saladict built-in PDF viewer. You can also add sites to PDF Black/White list.
- Keyboard shortcuts can be set on browser Extensions Management page.
- With other tools you can use Saladict to search text outside of browser.
- Due to browser policies, extensions cannot visit Chrome Web Store/Firefox AMO and other extension's internal pages. But you can bypass that with native search tools.
- If you set search mode to "Direct Search" with "Instant Capture", you should also set keyborad shortcuts to toggle Instant Capture.
- Chrome 76 contains bug which may cause random extension crashes. Please upgrade to Chrome 77 or newer.
- Saldict will not offer a Chrome APP verison as the platform is deprecated by Google.
- If the browser action panel overflows please drag the Saladict icon out of the drawers.
- According to #256 if you want Saladict to access search page results on Opera, enable "Allow access to search page result".
# 📝 Report issues
- Report issues on here.
Support This Project
Designing and developing this extension are mostly done by the author alone which costed great amount of time and energy(also tribute to these contributors).
To keep it open-sourced, free of charge and ad-free, consider buying the author a cup of coffee ☕️ to support developing and maintaining this extension.